4.1.2011

the oven




Here we are, in this year. Still cold and snowy. Sitting at the computer a lot, but not being an efficient worker. Wasting time instead of crocheting pants for my little pant-less boy (I have a beautiful plan in my head). And finishing some knitted hats. And finishing my translation. And cleaning...

This is the oven that Y made. It needs some finishing touches; paint on the side and a new switch for the light. The switch is too stiff, a kid can get it on but not off. As you can see there is a purple light inside and a real timer. The "brand" is Imatra, an old bicycle brand.

He also made tofu today! A friend of ours is making his own tofu and Y got interested. I bought him 5 kg organic soy-beans in spring, but it took a while to get started. That friend + his sweet family visited us very recently and today was the day of first tofu. Tomorrow will be the day of second tofu! Yey!
+
Minä tuskailen edelleen käännökseni kanssa, mieluummin tekisin muuta. Virkkaisin pieniä housuja.

Tässä on Imatra-uuni, joka tuli Y:n pajasta. Tänään hän valmisti tofua! Jeee!

4 kommenttia:

Inger Marie kirjoitti...

I love this oven! It gives good inspiration to a little winter project - and I am sure your daughter must love it.

Maria kirjoitti...

Aivan ihana uuni!Ja tofua!Vaikka sinulla rankkaa kuten kerroit-jäi tästä postauksestasi hyvä mielei-kiitos♥
Oikein ihanaa tammikuun viikon jatkoa!

melindatrees kirjoitti...

that s a talented husband you have there :-)

hannna kirjoitti...

Inger Marie, hello! Yes she loves it, despite the over flow of xmas presents she said this was her favourite. Good luck with your project!

Maria, kiitos. Hyvää tammikuuta sinullekin! Tämän kuun jälkeen helpottaa kiireet (siinä on huonotkin puolensa).

Melinda, yes! Except he's not a husband. I'm trying to remember all my best tofu experiences. I should've bought tofu from little tofu shops more often. When I had the chance.