2.9.2011

autumn month






























Houses and trees I got from the wonderful, charming and elegant Ritva and her pop-up shop. In the summer. It feels like autumn now so I say summer, it sounds like last summer. I'm torn between feeling breathlessly happy and excited about autumn and terrified about winter. I can't help it. Taking out cardigans and scarves and getting new tights feels so nice, but where all this leads is cold and a lot of work. I do have a romantic idea about winter too, first snow and all that is wonderful, but... 


Some time ago I also got mail from Ritva, she had found a pile of handkerchiefs and she was kind enough to think of me and my curtains. Ritva's home is in the latest Come home! magazine. I actually suggested they would go to her place and it looks so good and fitting for the magazine. 


I got some more handkerchiefs from the flea-market, but they are men's size. I got them from this elderly lady who seems to always make little selections of textile things. The little flower thing was in the same bag as the hankies. 


We drink a lot of mint tea, I love it, the kids love it. I didn't have mint before, but now that I have it (3 different ones), I will have it every year. Ain't that great.


We have 20 fermenting pots in the yard!

6 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Aivan tajuttoman kauniit kuvat!

Ja tiedätkö, en olllut tiennyt että Ritva myy noita, mutta samantien kun avasin blogisi ja näin ekan kuvan, pamahti päähän "Ritva!". Hih, hauskaa :)

Hyvää viikonloppua söpöset!

Maria kirjoitti...

Syksyn tuoksu ja kangasnenäliinat.Ihania kuvia kuten Minjakin sanoi.Mukavaa että talvi kurkistaa sinunkin ajatuksissasi.Esikoululainen on hurmaava lehdenluvussaan.

Anu.R kirjoitti...

Ai kun kauniita kuvia. Varsinkin tuo ensimmäinen!! Jännä tunnelma kuvissa.

mieke willems kirjoitti...

your photos become more beautiful and beautiful! that previous post! oh! and now these! waw! (look at my ffffound, have lots of your photos everywhere)

hannna kirjoitti...

Kiitos, Minja! Toivottavasti Ritva lukee ton, sillä onkin tunnistettava tyyli, mitä parhaimmassa mielessä. Viikonloppu oli aika super! Ei ne aina oo.

Maria, hei! Ja kiitos. Talvi väijyy melkoisena uhkakuvana. Ehkä siitä taas selvitään.

Kiitos rva Reipas! Otin tuossa valossa muistakin asioista kuvia, ne tulee tänne sitten joskus.

MW, thank you again! You say the most sweetest things, I'm very happy!

Ritva kirjoitti...

juu ritva luki, punoittavin poskin. kiitos kultainen!
kylläpä minua nyt hemmotellaan :)

kiitos vielä myös siitä, että sain japanilaiset vieraat ja koko sen kokemuksen lehtineen kaikkineen. olet murunen ;)