28.2.2012

one two three




























1 Artwork from little V -- he has started his career! (He's making a series of forests, great stuff.) This is 2 pairs of pants he cut from felt. "They are so lovely they are for mum."


2 Y just told me that every time he sees me "work", I crochet and listen to music. Well that's my work for now. I have to try out the patterns a bit, the ones I don't understand. (I wish I had a separate budget to buy new music.)


3 I've been repairing some things... fixing holes and sewing buttons. For my tights I didn't bother to get a different colour. I remembered my handicraft teacher from 7th grade (at 13). She saw the safety pin on my jeans and said that a safety pin is a sign of a sloppy girl. I wasn't very much aiming to be non-sloppy, but her words stayed with me. I didn't stay in her class, but started liking handicrafts later on. She smelled like fish, I even imagined the skin of her hands to be fins. 


And I got a very nice letter today, merci Gigi!

12 kommenttia:

fanja kirjoitti...

i love your stories Hanna. V's pants artwork is great, i didn't know you did crochet, you are very skilled! and as for the smelly fish teacher, the story will stay with me too. x

hannna kirjoitti...

sweet F, I was actually thinking of a Lumi crocheted collar or something as I was crocheting today! thank you for the song!

Anaïck Moriceau kirjoitti...

hello from here ^+^

ardize kirjoitti...

glad the letter made its way to you, from one snowy land to another ;-). love those pants! go, little V, go! like your mending job too - you should see my painting jeans... i once had a teacher who smelled like goats - he paddled across the river every day to school - we always wished he'd fall in the water!! ha ha!
gigi

outi kirjoitti...

mä olen korvannut monet napit hakaneuloilla (nytkin on villatakissa yksi) ja lyhentänyt lahkeita roudarinteipillä. se saattaisi olla käsityönopettajan kauhistus. ehkä onnekseni olinkin aina puukäsitöissä, siellä ei moisesta välitetty.

noi housut on todella liikkikset, pienet ja isot.

coco kirjoitti...

i am like you, i fix my clothes and keep wearing it till they get really old and thin out..because i am attached to my own.
enjoy your day

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

Mulla on melkein aina hakaneula paidanreunassa, varmuuden vuoksi. Mulle tulee tosi pätevä olo siitä hakaneulasta.
Kylläpäs olikin se ope ihan väärässä.

Hakaneulat on mun mielestä kauniitakin.TYkkään niistä.

hannna kirjoitti...

hello SP!

Gigi, thank you! I think I did some better mending jobs too... Paddling across the river sounds so cool now. My teacher's smell was not coming from dealing with fish, but it just was her smell (I think). I started a letter for you, but only in my head so far...

Outi, joo ei mua ihan kauheesti liikuttanut sen opettajan kommentit. Se oli vaan niin toisesta ajasta, semmoinen "huolimattoman tytön merkki". Kuka haluis olla huolellinen tyttö?? Kaikissa kouluissa missä olin, puukässäopet oli väkivaltaisia.

Coco, hi! I think I am more going around in broken clothes than in mended clothes... But it's really satisfying somehow to use the clothes until they really break apart or fade away.

Puh, joo ehdottomasti hakaneuloja kannattaa olla mukana. Enkä mä mitenkään meinannut, että se hakaneula olisi korjaus, oli vaan vähän liian iso reikä farkuissa. Reiäthän oli aika hyvä juttu. Vihreää teetä, rusinoita ja suklaata. Saisit jos olisit nyt täällä. Ja kaikki muutkin!

Maria kirjoitti...

olet suloinen
.Aurinkopäiviä sinulle.

Patrice A. kirjoitti...

great story
great work
and I love those pants!!

happy sundayevening

Liivia kirjoitti...

hyvä tuo paikattu sukkahousu:):)

Delphine kirjoitti...

I like the story a lot, it reminded me of something a teacher said when I was about 9... "if your body is as dirty as your handwriting, then i would be very worried about you!" - she was a grumpy old maid :D