13.3.2008

hoods and soup


this is for Esti! V was very cooperative when i told her the whole story about taking a picture for this woman in Espanja. she found the country name amusing. must be weird this idea of different countries and languages. i made drawings too, ha. i can't resist photos with V's hands in there.


then i made wonderful soup! V's new favorite, she had 3 plates of it and said we should save some for dad. i decided this will be the moving weekend soup. i always forget about cabbage, even though you can get finnish cabbage all year round. the soup is made of cabbage, carrot, onion, broccoli, mixed peas. i once listened to a radio program where two ladies went on and on about great uses of cabbage. the other one said she always has a cabbage on her medicine shelf. i used cabbage also when i had breast infection.


i found these in a notebook from 2005. they are not hoods but veils. i don't remember where this was coming from, from a movie maybe.

listening to:
Low "A Lifetime of Temporary Relief"
wondering if i should go to their concert next month

8 kommenttia:

Esti kirjoitti...

Touching! I'm so happy to see this. They're great! Thank you, and thank V.

She looks perfect in that pink hood!!

One of these days I'm gonna buy an earth globe, so my daughters can understand better when I talk about different countries far apart.

yasu kirjoitti...

I'm loving every post about your daughter. Love the drawings and I would like a bit of your soup! I'm getting hungry..

marie kirjoitti...

it is strange how we all talk differently all over the world..pictures are the same everywhere though, i like that

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

That soup looks so delicious! I have to give it a try soon.

hannna kirjoitti...

i love making soups, and luckily my kid likes them. her suggestion for what food to make is EVERY time lentil soup.

kaali on niin mahtavaa!

Line kirjoitti...

She is so sweet!
Her profile makes me melt!

Unknown kirjoitti...

Great! I ve seen that post on Esty blog,Love your drawings

scaredy-cat kirjoitti...

Tuo ylimmäinen huppukuva on niin kaunis, koskettava.