
number 1 favourite cover! (it is 10'')


i have been so quiet about Sonic Youth for all this time... their record covers are not the most wonderful things to look at, but i like the SYR series' look a lot. and "Daydream Nation" and "The Whitey Album".
Finland's news are so horrible, again. speechless, blank, shocked, disappointed.
listening to Maher Shalal Hash Baz "From a summer to another summer (an Egypt to another Egypt)" (the tree record)
it sounds sincere, clumsy, sweet, with moments of wisdom
practicing adjectives today.
7 kommenttia:
not only nice covers, but all nice music too!!!
indeed, shocking news from finland.... it's very very sad that these kind of things can happen...
Hei,
löysinpä sopivasti fine little day -blogin. Siellähän törmäsin Manteliin :-) Haluaisinpa lukea jutun, saakohan tuota lehteä suomesta?
I like sonic youth covers, too, especially the syr-series. How is the tree record? I have another Maher Shalal Hash Baz record - blues du jour - that is one of my favourites.
Horrible news from Finland, I agree.
was thinking... strange you didnt put a thousand leaves from SY here, that's really our favorite!!
I like those covers. I like their music a lot. Daydream nation has some of my favourite SY soungs.
I happened to be involved in a little Sonic Youth tour of Spain quite a long ago, and I loved every show, and they turned out to be the sweetest persons. They are all so talented!! I was in awe all the time...
Sorry to hear those bad news from Finland. yes, sad, shocking... this should never happen...
thanks for playing this one for me. I will check it out!
i don't understand why anyone would be allowed to own a gun and keep it at home. we watch Michael Moore films and can't believe how easy it is to get a gun in America. seems to be as easy here, but only with the permission from the officials. so sick and so infuriating.
yes, SY is my longest lasting music love.
Mieke Willems, i don't have A Thousand Leaves on vinyl...
Esti, i met Lee Ranaldo (and his wife!) too at a festival where i worked. he was so nice that he almost made to to my celebrity-hanging-out list, but i decided to have a list of women. she was nice too.
Emma, Petitiä ei saa suomesta. Liivia esiintyi edellisessä numerossa ja silloin kaikki kai kävi kyselemässä. ei siinä jutussa niin paljon ole lukemista, mutta oli aika kiva miettiä sellaisia asioita. kysymyksiä elämästä ja perheestä.
Lähetä kommentti