8.4.2009

cats



Photos of the previously mentioned easter cats. My favourite one is the one on top. The feather cat is quite nice too. Both by V. I glued some of the paper scraps. There is also the book I translated. Hope it sells well and I get to do more.

I'm totally stressed with working, I have to get a lot of stuff done before our trip. Despite that V has been staying home 2 days now. Yesterday because I wanted to see if she's sick, she had been so tired at the kindergarten, today because we had a terrible fight over something insanely unimportant. A grown-up, well-balanced mother could've said lightly: "don't be silly". This mother had one of the worst fits of her mothering life.

But we met up with I for coffee (we got some mämmi made by her!!),
saw leaves of the blue spring flower
(...sinivuokko siis, ikivihreitähän ne lehdet on),
saw swans again, and 2 cranes and a pheasant couple.
And cleaned about 2 square meters of the veranda.

15 kommenttia:

Celia kirjoitti...

Ihania kissoja.
Pidän pääsiäisen estetiikasta, höyhenistä, silkkipaperista, siitä, miten pääsiäisenä asioita koristellaan.

Mun lemppari on sulkakissa alhaalla.

nath kirjoitti...

Miaow! I love the cats, so charming. We made some jointed unicorns a while back, this makes me want to make more!

Well, motherhood is not easy, at the moment I am finding it very hard, as Iris (who is two and a little bit) is not sleeping at night, up two or three or more times a night and that means we're all very grouchy the next day. You just have to say to yourself as you go to sleep, tomorrow will be better!

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

Höyhenkissa, Oh!

Luulin ensin orastavan flunssan aiheuttamaa kamalaa kurkkukipua räyhäämisen aiheuttamaksi kurkkukivuksi. Mulla on tarvittaessa erittäin kova ääni. Sukuvika: mun täti on oopperalaulaja (oikeasti).

marie kirjoitti...

the cats are so nice!
i saw that book (the japanese version) at a japanese book store in paris - im sure it will sell well! it must be so enjoyable translating such beautiful books!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

where did you learn japanese?! ;-)
lucky you to see swans! the snow geese are back here - that's a sure sign of spring - despite the new snow... gigi

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Huippuja askarteluideoita! Menee ehdottomasti tekoon oppilaideni kanssa, ainakin tuo raitakissa.

Kurkkukipua täälläkin, kuin olisi niellut ison palan santapaperia.

outi kirjoitti...

hienoja katteja molemmat. olenkohan mä missannut jotain, mutta mihin ootte lähdössä reissuun?
toivottavasti saatte huitastua pöpöt menemään ennen sitä. ja kyllä ne asiat yleensä aina parhain päin meneekin.
(me käytiin just ostoksilla ja unohdettiin mämmi. no, kai se pääsiäinen sujuu ilmankin;) )

our little love nest kirjoitti...

I love the Easter cats!xo

mieke willems kirjoitti...

great cats! and, i know that book, a friend of mine has it!

scaredy-cat kirjoitti...

Selailin jo tuota kirjaa ihaillen kirjakaupassa, minäkin toivon, että saat kääntää lisää tällaisia!

Bohemian girl kirjoitti...

The cats are really pretty, I think I am going to make one like that with my little guy tomorow, they are such an inspiration. Happy Easter.
And the fits? Oh, yes, I know them very well myself...

Inka kirjoitti...

Hienot kissat - nyt tiedän mitä askarrellaan pääsiäisenä :)

Esti kirjoitti...

I like those easter cats.
Sometimes I also get stubborn as a kid over something when dealing with my girls... There isn't a perfect mom, I tell to myself...
Happy Easter!

hannna kirjoitti...

Happy easter!
Nice to hear you all like the cats! It's been a while I've been making anything at all, or that we've been making something together. It was very nice. I was making a little crafting workshop for kids with some other people of our "art association".

And yes, yes... there is no perfect mum. I just wish I didn't go totally crazy and show bad example in demonstrating anger.

Hyvää pääsisäistä!
Nämä kissat on muuten malleja vanhoista pääsiäisaskartelulehdistä, joita yksi kaveri löysi kirjastosta. Meillä oli palmusunnuntain markkinoilla askartelupaja lapsille taideyhdistyksen kanssa. Oli kivaa askarrella (raitakissa on mun! mallikappaleeksi)! Oli myös lammas, johon sai liimata vaikka pajunkissoja. Karstavilla oli myös hyvää lampaankarvaa. Ja kissankin.

Jill kirjoitti...

heh...i've been using the japanese version of that book recently...infact i just posted a picture of it on my blog today! then i visit here and see that you translated it into finnish. what a wonderful job you have working with such pretty stuff!