1.4.2009

finds



Today is April fool's day. I tried to explain it to V in the morning, but I'm very bad at coming up with good foolings. So now she thinks it's about saying that some creature has moved into your house... I bought Y's story even though we were just talking about "aprilling" (in finnish we have a verb!).

These are my, our, two recent flea-market finds. I'm so happy, especially about the pan! It's like brand new. Under the pan a little house improvement: the oven got a blackening treatment. I've been wanting that to happen for over 1 year. The dress was marked size 110 cm, I was prepared for it to be quite short for V like old dresses are (she's a bit under 110 cm), but it's like a shirt. But I'll find ways to wear it. And I guess I'm hoping to get another girl.

14 kommenttia:

Juju kirjoitti...

I want that white pan!!

mieke willems kirjoitti...

great finds! didnt you once find another pan like that. its beautiful!
and that dress is lovely too!

hannna kirjoitti...

joo, it was a kettle in the same series! i was so happy cooking with the both of them... the importance of aesthetics. by the way, there is Anu Tuominen exhibition right now.

our little love nest kirjoitti...

Love your finds! So jealous!
~dee ;)

outi kirjoitti...

olen maailman helpoin huijattava. joka aprillipäivä taon sitä aamusta itselleni päähän, ja menen samantien heti ensimmäiseen aprillaukseen.. onneksi ei tarvitse juoda kuravettä päälle, ainakin skattalla alkaa jo kadut olla kuivat, kevät:)
hienot löydöt muuten..

yasu kirjoitti...

they both look lovely!the pan!lucky you

Rynke kirjoitti...

Yes, the pan looks very nice! I love the white with the wood!

anette kirjoitti...

we tried to make some foolings this morning and failed, all of us...
it seems like you feel much better and you are having a good time at the countryside, one year, it is not such a long period to adjust.
the beautiful dress would even look good as a sailor sweater, without the skirt...

Melissa kirjoitti...

score! lucky you, they are great finds.

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

Mitkä löydöt!

Mä en oikein tykkää aprillipäivästä, taidan olla tosikko.

Vaikka kyllä mä narrasin lapsille että kaikki Turun 2. ja 3. luokkalaiset haetaan tänään (eilen)ponilla kouluun.
"Nii, ope varmaan kertoikin jo teille tästä ponijutusta. Toi ruskea tuolla pihalla on varmaan A:lle ja toi täplikäs S:lle...".

fliss kirjoitti...

Lovely finds...especially that pan!
I like the look of your black stove top. I still wait for our kitchen improvements...hopefully we will rip out our old one and make another before our baby arrives.
Will see!

Tanja kirjoitti...

Ulvon innostuksesta ja ihastuksesta tuohon mekkoon!!

Hienot löydöt!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Beautiful finds, especially that pan.

hannna kirjoitti...

Thanks for admiring my pan!

A, yes one year... I don't know how well adjusted I am... it's a difficult subject. I miss the city. A lot.

Fliss, we have loads of things that have to be done before the baby arrives...

Tanja, ai ulvot! Siinä on Stockan logo.