18.9.2009

projects, projects




There is the house and it's many spots that demand attention. Then there is a sofa. We are going to get one fine sofa. It is an old Artek sofa that K gave to us. Y is giving it a new lacquer and we got some very fine new fabric for it from Johanna Gullichsen. Spent a long time in that shop deciding the colour with Y. It was nice.

I made a little tutu for the ballet girl. On her third dance class she was like the other girls, wearing some pink tulle. I added some on the shoulder straps too. I thought she has been so brave and strong, being the only one with just an undershirt and shorts.

Then there are various knittings, planning curtains, fixing a big basket, checking and washing the baby stuff from the storage... I will stop working, hopefully today. Next week will be my nesting week, I'm ready to deliver on Thursday.

I'm quite happy these days: happy that the pregnancy time is ending soon, happy about my hair(!), new glasses!!, about receiving a big organic food order, about being a bit more patient as a mother, about autumn. About having a baby. About good people. About change.

But I'm very sad too. It is the 6th day now since our little cat has been missing. I can't bear the idea of never seeing her again.

10 kommenttia:

mieke willems kirjoitti...

thursday? that's very soon!! waw! hope the cat will be back by that time... so sad.

that sofa looks fantastic by the way, as well as the tutu. we would have loved to wear that as little girls :)

ardize kirjoitti...

what a sweet little (big) girl you have!

Celia kirjoitti...

Äidilläni on juuri tuollainen sohva, alkuperäisellä ruskealla kankaalla.

Meidän tytön laskettu aika oli (vuosi taaksepäin siis) 28.9. Hui, miten nopeaa tämä vuosi on mennyt.

Voi, toivottavasti kissa löytyy pian!!!

Bohemian girl kirjoitti...

I wish you a happy delivery, that it doesn't last long, no complications, fast recovery!
Magda

anette kirjoitti...

i missed so much again, i really love the "this morning" pictures, reminds me of the "goldilocks" fairytail. the little girl entering the recently abandoned house where the bear family lives. everything seems so tempting to her like your house does to me.
i wish you all the best for your delivery.
it seems you are in a very happy and good situation.
oh thursday, so soon, my thoughts will be with you.
i still wonder about that blogworld, writing to a person i never met. but i mean it!
enjoy the nesting and again:
best, for all of you
and don't you think the little cat might come back home? i am pretty sure she will find her way back home.
A

hannna kirjoitti...

oh! my plan for a Thu delivery is just a plan, we'll see what happens and when. I would just be ready after I get to spend 3 free days. I'd really like to get it over with!

MW, I would've loved ballet stuff too, I wonder if I'm encouraging V a bit too much for this kind of stuff... Nice and classic girl stuff is so nice. h&m versions are not.

Ardize, thanks, she is!

Celia, tässä on alkup. kangas sellainen harmaanbeige. Meidän l.a. on 29. pv, mutta olisin siis vaan valmis torstaina, En usko, että menee ainakaan yli. En oikein jaksais enää tätä hommaa. Nytkin valvon, ja kello on 5. On ihan pimeää, tuntuu tosi syksyltä.

Thank you, Magda!

A, V was just suggesting the bear+girl story for last night, oh coincidences. Thank you. The cat disappearing like this is very strange. We lived so long in the city that they are very careful, and both of them are sterile, so they shouldn't be too adventurous either. When we used to come just for weekends, they would hide, and sometimes stay for a week on their own, but it's been quite stable for them for almost 1 year and half. I hope she became food for some wild animal, but I'm so sad about not seeing her again, that it surprises me.

emma kirjoitti...

Hei, vieläköhän sä siellä olet yhtenä paksuna kappaleena?
Meidän A on syntynyt 27.9, kolme vuotta sitten. Silloinkin oli lämmin syksy. Mä en olekaan tajunnut, että sun raskaus on edennyt näin tarkasti samoissa vuodenajoissa.

Sohva on hieno!

I kävi muutama vuosi sitten tanssiopiston lasten tanssissa. Se oli mukavaa ja I tykkäsi, mutta hän jäi joukon ulkopuolelle: oli ainoa poika, ja siis samalla ainoa, jolla oli shortsit ja hihaton paita tylliunelmien keskellä. Silloin harmitti. Nyt ei enää kun on löydetty tuo sirkuskoulu.

Palaeontologist Mum with Babies kirjoitti...

What a beautiful post!
It is good you have been able to write down how you feel before the baby is born, and have so much to do and nest before baby is here.
Good luck with everything, you write beautiful words!
Yamila

marie kirjoitti...

change can make you suddenly see everything differently.. i like that. i hope your little cat comes home soon!

hannna kirjoitti...

Emma, edelleen paksuna ja vaivaisena. Jospa tällä viikolla tapahtuisi, ennen laskettua päivää siis kuvittelen pojan syntyvän. Sohva on nyt valmis, ja kovin tyylikäs. Täällä on "jätkien" tanssi erikseen, tai siis tolla tanssikoululla (Vinha).

Thank you, Yamila!! You're very sweet!

Marie, no cat so far, and not much hope left. I like every little or big change we have at home, and also the big change. I can't wait to get rid of the extra weight...