

I had been thinking about writing something about 10 years ago like Maria did. Today we were playing japanese lunch so I'm thinking about Japan. 10 years ago I was living in Kôenji, Tokyo.
I was studying japanese. I rode around with my bicycle and walked a lot. I loved exploring, looking for an address and finding other places on the way. I went to a lot of gigs, many of my friends were involved with music. I was working at a crazy gallery. I loved japanese sweets. I wanted to buy so many things, but was also happy with just looking. I always passed by a beautiful flower shop when I went to teach finnish. I bought a lot of records. I visited Ôno Kazuo's house. I took a lot of photos of flower petals on the ground. I loved smoking and riding the bicycle at the same time and going to bookshops late in the evening and buying cigarettes at vending machines (I was never a real smoker, this may sound like an odd pro-smoking thing to write, but it's an important memory). I got to know some of the most meaningful people in my life. I could write a very long list of things I loved, I was very happy in Tokyo.
Tastes and scents are such a big factor in what memories are made of.
+
10 vuotta sitten asuin Tokiossa ja olin hyvin onnellinen siellä. Maria kirjoitti jokin aika sitten ajasta 10 vuotta sitten ja minä laskin. Siitä on jo niin kauhean kauan. Tänään ajattelin Japania kovasti, kun meillä oli leikki-japanilainen lounas, vaikka minä yritän olla ajattelematta kauheasti, kun haluaisin sinne aina vaan, mutta ei ole rahaa.
15 kommenttia:
Your post makes me miss Japan so much - although it looks like you have a beautiful life in Finland, too. It's funny to think about ten years ago. So terribly long ago on one hand, and on the other really just yesterday. Memory is a funny thing.
Hei! En varmaankaan koskaan ole kommentoinut täällä, mutta seuraan blogiasi säännöllisesti. Minulla on sinulle omassani tunnustus!
hi hanna.sounds so nice.they are the best things about tokyo bikes and sweets and petals, galleries and friends.
the smell of kerosene will always remind me of japan..thats the first thing that comes to my mind!
if you send me your address i will send v some ohina sama sweets.
and
now you have to have a spcial id card to buy cigarettes from vending machines.it has put me off buying them in times of desperation.
Such a sweet post and loved hearing some more about you and a little about a past which sounds like lots of fun.I would love to visit japan and even live there, maybe one day.
Enjoy those memories. X
Kiitos tästä matkasta kanssasi.
Minäkin aloin ajatella Japania ihan uudella ajatuksella.Kaunista.
Kiitos.
Maria
10 years...so long ago and so close. your post made me think of what happened 10 years ago with me. it was the first time I came to Finland :) it was so far the coldest winter then!
go on writing about your memories...
I love this story. I have never been to Japan, but your writing about it makes me longing after it in a strange and nice way.
thank you for sharing this...I'd love to go to Japan, it's a dream for me!
Hello Hanna, almost a bit nostalgic!? You make me dream...
C.
Skye, it's been a fast 10 years. But there is no week that I wouldn't think about wanting to go to Japan.
Kukka-Maaria, kiitos!
Hi Melinda! You have to write to me first, I don't see your email anywhere! (I tried finding you on fb, are you there?) I'll send you something in return!
Fliss, thanks. We always planned to go and live there for some time before V starts school. Years just fly by and there is never a lot of money or right time.
Maria, kiitos. Japani on ihana. Sitä mieltä kaikki onkin, enkä siksi kauheasti puhu Japanista. Mutta Tokio on mun.
Reka, and you stayed! We have at least one friend in common, she's in Japan.
Ola, ok. Which memories do you want to hear?
Inger Marie, thank you, These were some of the first things that came to my mind. i could go on and on.
La casita, hope you can go there one day!
C, I miss being there so much and I'd like to show it all to my family. They've never been there.
memories of japan and food, for example. I wanted to give a precise answer, but I mean you writing about your loved memories. the writing is just great on that basis. greetings. ola
oh i loooove Japan so much!! i wish i 'd live there!!
10 years ago i was 25 i was living in London and studying design...
xxx
gini
Thanks Ola, nice feedback!
Gini, maybe you will one day! I still wish we could all go there and stay for at least one year...
love these memories and the way you have written them.
feel like i am there too. beautiful
Lähetä kommentti