working
After the July guests it's busy working time, 3 deadlines ahead. I work between Y's computer and the sewing machine, facing the forest now. I used to sit in the kitchen the most. This is much better.
Norwegian Wood is in the theatres now. I hope I get to see it soon. The trailer looks so beautiful, the actors are so beautiful. Tran Anh Hung makes beautiful movies. I always wanted to translate the book, and now it's too late. The company that puts Murakami books out in finnish doesn't translate from original language. I think that sucks. It is the best Murakami book I think. I miss Japan like crazy (相変わらず)
8 kommenttia:
A coincidence, I just have a Murakami's book next to me, Umibe no Kafuka I enjoy it. It surpassed my expectation, the writing on the back of the book was not so appealing, a 15 years old running away from home, alone, then the book is actually about many nice, gentle and thoughtful things.
Have you translated any other better known Japanese writer?
Elokuva on huikean kaunis ja niin surullinen.Kävimme tyttären kanssa katsomassa .Pidät siitä.Mutta varaa nenäliinoja ja hyvä ystävä mukaan.
me käytiin katsomassa se leffa. oli kaunis, hurjan kaunis. mutta myös hämmentävä. se maailma on niin eri, ja kerrontatapa myös. mä lämpenin tarinalle vasta noin puolen välin jälkeen.
jännä kuulla sitten sun mielipide kun oot käynyt katsomassa.
Bohemian girl. I actually didn't finish that Kafka book. Maybe I should get back to it. I'm not translating literature, I thought before I wanted to, but not anymore. Norwegian wood was the number 1 book I wanted to translate. My japanese is not good enough these days, no time, it's not so well payed either...
Maria, nenäliinat on hyvä muistutus, olen aika kova itkemään. En muista tarinaa kovin hyvin, luin sen sellaisessa kuumeessa alusta loppuun yhdellä kertaa.
Outi, okei kerron sulle sitte! Terveisiä kaduille! Meillä oli tänään matonpesupäivä.
that's funny. just finished norwegain wood (the book) 2 days ago. it's beautiful! the movie is also beautiful, especially the beginning. beautiful shots and beautiful people. the story is better in the book, in the movie it ends in a stranger way...
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami is one of my favorite books and I've been meaning to read Norwegian Wood. I'll definitely need to read it before I see the movie. Although, maybe I won't see the movie. They're never as good as the books... (I personally don't think!)
this is the first book i read (in english alhtough i'm french) in 2011 -- after i had seen the trailer -- and it moved me forever, intelligent, beautiful & sensitive...
Lähetä kommentti