28.8.2011
irene
It seems "Irene" wasn't that bad, or as bad as it could've been. I don't have that many friends in New York (or in the east coast). I wish I was (living) there, in New York. Maybe even more than in Japan. The kids' grand father is in New Jersey. Courage to everyone there.
I have only known one Irene. She was a summer job friend (gardening at the graveyard). She was studying chinese medicine and worked at an organic grocery shop. Maybe I run into her one day. Irene was also the third name of my grandfather's older sister, whose second name V has as a second name. I love that name. Irja Agnes Irene.
This cake has nothing to do with hurricanes or Irene. It was an austrian recipe C made while he was here. And I didn't take any pictures of him or his son. Just the last crumbs of the cake.
Tilaa:
Lähetä kommentteja (Atom)


6 kommenttia:
My sister`s name is Irene. I love that name too. Irja Agnes Irene, how beatiful!
My name is Irene :) Hello there!
Huomenta Helena. Mun äidin toinen nimi on Helena. Ja meillä on yksi valkoinen (lelu)kissa nimeltä Helena. Sekin on kaunis nimi!
Hello Irene, then there's you!
And I just love the name Agnes!
Hello Hanna! I wish you were here too. We'd make cakes and jam and sit and eat in the park. NJ and NY skies have been beautiful since the storm passed-- and the air is so clean, October-brisk and clean. Storms are cleansing. Some people suffered in the city, but it seems the damage was much worse where it wasn't expected (up in Vermont-- lots of flooding).
Actually the storm made me kind of like the name Irene. I've always been sort of lukewarm on it because I have so many distant female relations named it (or Irina, the Slavic version). Now it seems strong somehow. Irja Agnes Irene is beautiful. I love Agnes as a name. It makes me think of Agnes Varda...
lots of <3 from NY/NJ,
Kaela
Rebecca,
niin Agnes on ylitse muiden! se on siis tyttäremme toinen nimi. Rakastan G-kirjainta.
Thank you Kaela. There are so many nature catastrophes these days... But I'm glad you and yours are safe and New York is still there. I'll be there one day, and stay for a bit longer. ("You mean before you die?" asked a friend of mine. "Well yeah, before I die." "Then there's no hurry" she said.) I guess I only love Irene in this name I.A.I. Agnes is the name I love. Well now even more that it's V's second name. Little V's second name is Alfred, that would be one crazy storm! But I guess they always name them with female names. A Varda is great, it's a big plus.
Lähetä kommentti