7.10.2007

this weekend 2

the poor abandoned girls also went to the library, and got this book. i've been resenting it because of the title: Makkarapiruetti (sausage pirouette). it's by R Niemelä and M Pikkujämsä. the illustrations are great, but the texts are good too. it's partly nonsense style, but some of them are super poetic and explorative in their language. our favorite story was the one with the polar bear.




(i now realised that the photos are too dark because of camera settings, not only atmospheric reasons. i'll be more careful from now on.)

8 kommenttia:

siagrafica kirjoitti...

ooh - lovely fabric {I have a Kulkue coffee mug, but would love to have the fabric as well...}

like the book illustrations too!

hannna kirjoitti...

there are also kitchen towels, pillow cases in linen, and a WONDERFUL plate, i would love to have at least one of them. thank you for dropping by!

Fine Little Day kirjoitti...

I love it! Have to get it, hope it is avilible in Sweden.
Love your Marimekko textile as well.

hannna kirjoitti...

hei fine little day, if u don't find it, maybe we can do a picture book swap!

Fine Little Day kirjoitti...

Hi Hanna, that would be great! Do you have an email so I can get in touch with you? //Elisabeth

hannna kirjoitti...
Kirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.
sara kirjoitti...

hi found you via fine little day, that book looks soso fine!

momo kirjoitti...

What a lovely blog, Hanna. Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours!

Lovely book. I also love kids books with fine illustration. i have too many!