11.4.2008

second week





...was mostly grey and rainy. kindergarten teacher got sick, so V's training got interrupted. she had a good start there on Monday and i got a permission to work at their office (all libraries are closed on mondays!?). but now my working time became zero.
but
there are modest little spring flowers here and there. lots of checking at ground level. i don't remember all spots where i planted tulip onions. cat hair on our yard that is not from our cats! where did they learn to fight so well?

the inside toilet is in use now! i'd love to bake something. our oven (from e-bay obviously) should arrive next week. the bird room is still totally unorganised... days go by so quick and especially the evenings after Y gets home from work. but he gets home, and he's at home on the weekends - it feels very luxurious after all this time.

we visited S & R and their 3 kids and met another nice woman with a little girl there. we can combine the kindergarten rides with them, so there will be less driving (which concerns me really a lot!) in the future. and i got vegan cake maker recommendation! they had just had a name giving and ordered cakes from one kindergarten mother and it was super tasty. not "alternative" or "healthy" tasting at all. i want one for V's birthday too! we are not vegans, just vegetarians (organic milk & eggs), but it's nice to have things suitable for everybody at parties.

photos from our Family Walk.

from the library with memory stick.

11 kommenttia:

marie kirjoitti...

oh the forest looks beautiful!
i love making vegan things (im vegetarian too)..im sure you cant wait till you get your oven!

Esti kirjoitti...

Sounds like your life there is taking off nicely.

terry kirjoitti...

It is so wonderful that you are all finally there together! It sounds like you are settling in very nicely. This will be such a time of change and discovery - so exciting for you and Y and V. I'm very happy for you - thanks for sharing your journey!!

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

Liisu katsoo V:n kuvia ja mumisee :" tuolla Liisu menee... ja tuolla isin selässä... Liisu metsässä, pitää nukkea..."

hannna kirjoitti...

hahaa! onko Liisu sen ikäinen, että samaistuu kaikkiin pieniin, vai onko kuvissa tuttuja värejä? kulkeeko Liisun isi sinisessä haalarissa? nuken nimi on Talda, se on musta niin hieno nimi, että piti kertoa.

Marie, yes i'm plannig what would be the first thing in the oven! we had gas oven before, which wasn't so good for making bread.

Lena Sjöberg kirjoitti...

I found your blog through Fine Little Day and I´m so happy for that. Your blog is beautiful!/Lena

Palaeontologist Mum with Babies kirjoitti...

I love your photos and reading about your life with your family on the other side of the world.
Here in the southern hemisphere the sky is grey and it is slightly cold.
bye
Yamila

yasu kirjoitti...

finally settling in it seems.. it must be very exciting and hectic for you all! Vegan cake sounds so good! i m also vegetarian and i dont like the idea of 'alternatives' either..

Mrs.French kirjoitti...

What an amazing adventure your blog is...I love it! Good luck with all your endeavors.

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

En yhtään tiedä mistä tuo samastumisreaktio tuli. Jännittävää. Isä ei kulje sinisissä haalareissa, eikä nukke näytä tutulta (hieno nimi muuten!) tms.

Luulen että hän piti kuvista ja toivoi olevansa niissä.

K. kirjoitti...

I'm arriving in Manteli a little later than you, now you have already moved in... But I caught up with your whole story about arriving there and that's unusual for me, normally I go more for the visual (which is also very nice at your blog).

I had to smile about parallel thoughts and motivations, countryside vs. city life, the horror of being dependent on a car, seeing the world new through kids eyes etc. Four years ago we moved to an old house just outside Gothenburg, so it's not really countryside, but anyway I have discovered that my natural pace is - slow!

Good luck with settling in! I'm sure you will be happy there.