

house progress: my beloved mirror and shelf are installed!! they are originally from Y's former flat, that house went into total renovation so we saved them. i have dreamed to have these in front of my eyes for such long time. but getting used to seeing myself in front of my eyes again will take some time... goodbye carefree days! (that grey dress is not so perfect on me as i imagined...)

the hole in the wall is for the third lamp.
8 kommenttia:
Aika täydellinen peili. TUo koko systeemi vaan on tosiaan aivan upea. Onneksi saitte talteen.
Your bathroom is getting more perfect and beautiful every time and I admire your ability to take your time to set up the house, it shows that there is a lot of patience and devotion! Our bathroom is a reason to move...
eikö. mua huvittaa, kun joka ikinen asia on jostain saatu tai löydetty. se tietysti onkin juuri ihanaa.
our old bathroom was so, so bad... i guess it's just very different, making this own little house, little by little. still every little step makes a big impact. a lot of stuff i'm not capable of doing (boring fact), and Y is busy outside these days. happiness about the house will be increasing little by little too, for many years to come...
seeing myself there after such a long break in mirroring is really hard. i don't know this woman anymore!
Sometimes I have this feeling of not recognising the reflection in the mirror too. With me it is the age and the loss of vanity with it, feeling much better now but not looking that young anymore.
It is like sometimes the look and the feeling have to be synchronized, no matter what reason. It just takes some time but trust yourself more than the mirror and maybe wear the grey dress with the same attitude like premirror, I am sure it suits you like you have such good taste with everything else too and usually I like peoples style even more if it is not always too perfect.
hei! well my personal style is very un-style, and imperfect. i dream of perfect clothes though...
thank you for answering. you should get a reward for being so nice!
it's funny i didn't even realise that putting the mirror up now, almost 4 months after moving is a bit strange. for us natural. weeks go by so quickly.
I love every detail of your bathroom that you've showed so far, such great pieces. It's amazing how you pick something old and bring it together and it all just flows (not literally though, luckily :)). It's funny what you say about seeing yourself in the mirror, we went for a long time without any mirrors up in this house, and it really was a shock to see oneself somehow. Like the house had changed how you looked.
yes, we like it! i leave all the mess outside of all photos. to continue the mirror talk: i think the house has changed me, and summer: i tan very little, but some anyway. i think i look older too and my hair longer and V looks also very big in her mirror image. and actually we have another mirror hanging, but in an unpractical place., it's just for the looks.
i used to have the longest looks in the mirror while brushing teeth and fixing with V in our ex-bathroom.
I like the simple style of your bathroom.
The strangest mirror experience was when I returned from the hospital after giving birth to T. It was like looking at a stranger, someone else. That sensation continued for some days, everything in my face appeared different and wrong, that was really scary. But I had a similar impression of other grown-ups around me, and I think it was because I couldn't stop staring at the baby. Compared to a baby's face, grown-ups actually look VERY strange...
Lähetä kommentti