
This is not from today, but it represents this day anyway:
I see some light right now. And I hear the snow melting and I see drops dropping from the roof.
And I realised something today. If there wasn't snow, the spring wouldn't be wet. And what kind of spring would it be, without little streams and puddles, taking of your coat and gloves and standing in the water with your rubber boots? We've been arguing -again- about the existence of a certain spring related word. With Y. Is it about regional variation or boys and girls? So I will pass on my girl-words to V.
I have secured a vinyl copy of Jenny Wilson for me (using my contacts!), we're having a city day tomorrow. Meeting with my old friend who lives up north and my brother who is coming from the same northern town. Where I grew up using my spring word. Cooking mud porridge in a bucket.
4 kommenttia:
Hanna, you are back with beautiful posts again, good to see and read, wondering about the gender or regional related spring words. Sounds interesting and mysterious!
greetings to the melting winter up in the north, wish you a wonderful and very soon spring
perfect photo!
I'm wondering about those spring words...
ha! it's not all that interesting, childhood actions in spring. i guess Y wasn't doing the last sentence, or was calling the mud porridge or soup differently. it is just weird that someone would suddenly tell you a very normal word doesn't exist. maybe V will make up her own words.
Lähetä kommentti