7.3.2009

these days



A day with my brother, mother and aunt. V meets her uncle quite rarely, so I was very happy to see there was no time wasted being shy. They have a real family bond. V calls him her favourite.


Our family day, baking pizza and pulla, actually my first time making any kind of rolls (I think). These are with carrot+cinnamon+indian sugar, coconut+sugar and almond flakes+raisins. I got flowers in advance on occasion of the Women's day which is tomorrow. I'm against banalizing the real issues of a women's day with flowers and gifts, but of course I love getting flowers. A red rose from V, a woman herself.

13 kommenttia:

mieke willems kirjoitti...

love this post. everything about it. these rolls look good! and yes, flowers are always good!

hannna kirjoitti...

oh, how sweet of you, thanks! we are up on the hill from the previous post's photo. i used to love this kind of snow as a kid, when u could make cakes and plates.

our local flower shop doesn't have the greatest selection of flowers...

isoinpapu kirjoitti...

Luminaamioita! Hienoja!

maijja kirjoitti...

Porkkana puustissa kuulostaa ehdottomasti kokeilemisen arvoiselta jutulta. Laitoitko raasteena?

melindatrees kirjoitti...

they look yum!.is it your recipe?

outi kirjoitti...

mainiot luminaamiot!
pullat tuoksuu tänne asti..

anette kirjoitti...

hanna, your post revealed some buried childhood memories of that special snow. where i grew up in the south of germany there used to be a lot of snow. I liked the sound of the crushing frozen surface and very much like the masks you made and would do a lot to be able to eat one of that rolls now. beautiful pictures again, i missed them in february but can understand any reason for a blog break, just to let you know!

Kaela kirjoitti...

oh wow, i love the snow masks, and those rolls look yummy-- do you have a recipe? they look like such perfect winter-almost-spring breakfast food.

today i saw buds on trees for the first time this year.

Line kirjoitti...

I like your comment about Women's Day. In my little town it was celebrated as a "shopping day" with special prices on "feminine things" The most stupid celebration I have ever heard of!
...
you have so much snow still!

hannna kirjoitti...

Maijja, joo, laitoin vaan raastetta. Seuraavana päivänä luin Aurinkomaa-keittokirjasta (vanha painos), että porkkanaraastetta+hunajaa+kookosta+pähkinää keiteltäis ensin melkein kypsäksi. Nää maistuu sellaisilta juureksisilta.

Melinda, very basic dough, combination of recipes I had at hand. I use only indian sugar (dark, non-refined, rich in minerals) and at least some whole grain flour. Improvised fillings, the basic version would be butter+cinnamon+sugar.

Outi, musta nuo pullat näyttää vähän noloilta, mutta leipominen oli hauskaa!

A, I'm remebering a lot of childhood things right now. I guess it has to do with V growing up and playing outside, having the forest... I grew up in a small town, but we had a forest close by.

Kaela, hei! No special recipe, see above. I have to practise more! I can't wait for spring, it's snowing again.

hannna kirjoitti...

Line, yes! That's the kind of things I've seen as well! Mostly they advertise for flowers. So stupid and annoying -- and smart, to make it lose it's minor meaning.
And, yes it's been a snowy winter for a change. I can't wait for it to melt.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hummm....seems so good.
yes, the rose is beautiful.

Irene kirjoitti...

oh the cinnamon rolls look great! i'd like to have one of them right now :)