12.4.2009

easter, easter





Easter branches from the kindergarten (a future topic: the non-personal crafting they do there) -- wash the windows soon...
A witch (from the kindergarten too; I like the shadow, but it's not made by my child)
An Indian carrot cake, a side product from making carrot juice!
Two little chocolate eggs

13 kommenttia:

yasu kirjoitti...

happy easter! beautiful pictures as usual. the carrot cake looks so good....

jonna kirjoitti...

Juu, kyllä askartelussa saa raamit olla, mutta antaisivat lasten kuitenkin itse niiden raamien puitteissa toteuttaa..

Ja lisää vapaata tekemistä, kiitos. Materiaalit ja välineet ja lapsen oma luovuus. Siitä se ilo syntyy.

Hieno noita-kuva kuitenkin!

Tykkään kuvistasi ja käyn silloin tällöin kurkkimassa:)

*****
Yes, it's ok to have some "frames" in crafting but please let the children be creative within those frames then!

And more "free-crafting", please. Materials, tools and child's own creativeness, that's where the joy comes from.

Good witch-picture anyways!

I like your pictures and come once in a while to see them :)

melindatrees kirjoitti...

happy easter.when i caw the photo of two eggs in her beautiful little hands it made me realise easter bunny didnt need to bring so many eggs to hana.those two little eggs look so precious.
and
the carrot cake look delicious.

Maria kirjoitti...

Hieno, hieno kuvasarja. Kiitos!

marie kirjoitti...

happy easter!
the cake does look good - i LOVE carrot cake
when i make it it never seems to cook properly
whats your recipe?

kukka-maaria kirjoitti...

ihana noita-akka tuossa kuvassa :)

Esti kirjoitti...

I'm craving for some chocolate eggs right now... I didn't buy any this easter and now I'm missing them...
I don't really get what you mean by "non personal crafting" I look forward to the post where you go about it.... ;)

hannna kirjoitti...

Hope you had a good easter too...

Jonna, en tiedä tulenko tästä sen enempää kirjoittamaan, enkä ainakaan halua kuvata noita tekeleitä! Meidän päiväkodissa on nyt tapahtunut jotakin: kaikki askartelut, mitä kotiin tuodaan on samanlaisia, siis lapsen iästä riippumatta, kaikessa on sellaiset muovitarrasilmät, lapsen kädenjälkeä saa hakemalla hakea. Ärsyttää. Pitäisi vaan tehdä kotona sitäkin enemmän.

Melinda, V did have one more, a bigger one from the kindergarten and then some dried banana flakes. But it's true, with any present or sweet, just one would often be enough.

Marie, I don't have a good recipe. This was my first try at this, and I have no idea how it should turn out. But cardamom in it was great!

Esti, I don't know if I will ever write about that, but what I mean are these things we bring home from the kindergarten that don't look like any child touched them at all. And I guess they look the same regardless of the kid's age and abilities. Boring! Decorated with these plastic sticker moving eyes (they might be fun occasionally). Something has changed recently. And I'm hyper critical, as always. It's just that these craftings are not interesting to see at all.

Rynke kirjoitti...

An Indian carrot cake...never heard of it! :) Is it a lot different than a 'normal' carrot cake?

jonna kirjoitti...

Toivottavasti tyttösi päiväkodin muutos ei ole pysyvä! Siinähän menee lapseltakin oman innovatiivisen yrittämisen into ja lapsi pian kokee, ettei osaa, kun ei pysty samaan kuin aikuinen. Pah, tuollainen kiukuttaa!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

oh what a cake! mmmm

hannna kirjoitti...

Rynke, yeah, I would say it was different... there was very little flour in the recipe. The taste was very nice, but I think I won't make this again. No idea how it should be like... But I will add cardamom to my next normal carrotcake.

marie kirjoitti...

thats ok..ill have to experiment :) (i dont have a juice machine anyway, so i couldnt use the carrot pulp)