
...to the bathroom.
Things that are missing from this picture: the door and the wallpapers.
More urgent matters: upstairs needs floor boards and roof insulation. And stairs.
Out in the yard we now have numbered logs, a puzzle that will become a warehouse/workroom/guest room.
Y got the brilliant idea of building that house so that it would be facing the Manteli house. We would get a cosy inner yard and the new house would block the view to the ugly extension our neighbour has.
I'd also like curtains. I bought, washed and ironed some fabrics. Actually they are meant for V's summer wardrobes, but they'd make nice curtains too.
What I'd like the most right now, though, is that I'd get my work done somehow, and that we would make in time to the airport in the end of the week.
We had a nice weekend with many wonderful people, a special weekend, one of them is L who will be our cat-sitter!
6 kommenttia:
So the season of house renovation has come to Finland, too! I am preparing an outdoor bathroom behind the red currant bushes, temporary I hope. Otherwise we take it quite easy, I must admit. Have a great trip to Italy, hope you have some pictures to share when you are back!
beautifull green picture/fabric...good to hear all is going so well, the future yard and placing of the small house sounds perfect.
wish you a safe and great trip, it's the perfect season for tuscany, i spent all my late teen vacations there, my then best friends parents had a very open house near Arezzo.
we are trying to get a plan for our summer, seems to be a little bit complicated like always,
makes me optimistic to read about a family with a plan
Best, A
good morning, ladies! "A family with a plan" makes me laugh. There really is no such problem as how to spend any free time, for Y anyway. I am so, so happy to have a holiday, and for him to have a holiday.
"Bathroom behind the red currant bushes" sounds incredibly wonderful. We used to have outside showering too, but just with a garden hose, and only for the brave and very sweaty. Oh, we should fix our sauna too!
Oh, Tuscany, the best time to travel there is now! Trees in blossom, warm weather, not hot though. Going to Tuscany and staying in the villa reminds me of this film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealing_Beauty
Have a great time there!
Mulle tulee tuosta kuvasta mieleen ihan "muumilaakson marraskuu"!
Ihanaa lomaa!
i love that fabric! i have some vintage material sitting around the house, too, that i can't quite decide what to do with - cushion covers, a top, a skirt? will post the outcome once i've decided.
oh, btw, i love your blog - had found it some weeks ago but didn't bookmark it and then 'lost' it again. after some time i finally found it again yesterday - so great! now it's bookmarked!
Lähetä kommentti