4.7.2009

home alone


*Photo by Y on midsummer.

He's at a friend's house helping in some renovating. They swap days. Then, very surprisingly, V was taken to her great-grandmother. Still more surprisingly she's gonna stay some more hours there, playing with a second cousin who is same age.

I got unexpected working time. So I'm here posting something even though I have decided to finish this blog. Little by little I will. And maybe think of something else to do. I realise that taking photos and going through them, "publishing" them has become quite addictive. Writing is not addictive, I write letters and mails anyway. And I talk! Being in contact with different people like this is addictive too.

Laundry, cleaning with new wonderful spray cleaners (Method), cooking, salad from the garden ♡ (for my kid who didn't come home for lunch... This is very new experience for me.), writing letters maybe? After I work some more.

Listening to Yeah Yeah Yeahs

16 kommenttia:

Bohemian girl kirjoitti...

I agree with the "addiction part". Beside it, blogging is something like talking out loud not knowing to who. Like to me, for example. I like "listening" to it, though. Blog is like a public diary.
But finding out something else to do is also a good decision.
Magda

Jenny kirjoitti...

Oh I hope you don't REALLY quit this blog because I love it! I don't have a blog but like to read others and yours is my favourite of the many I read.... If I only read one a day it is always yours! It is so beautiful and simple, I love your posts and your photos...

Just a vote of confidence from Toronto, Canada!

Jenny

vonnie kirjoitti...

I feel the same as Jenny....enjoy your blog so much. You have a friend here in US, too. Take care.

hannna kirjoitti...

Magda, Jenny, Vonnie
Thank you for your kindness.
I think I just have reached some kind of point where it doesn't make much sense anymore; all this what I did or what I ate and what my kid said and especially what I'm not so happy about. I don't really need to do my complaining here. I'm thinking of some sort of a photo blog. But it will be difficult to leave, that's why it will happen little by little...

I finally got my daughter back, she's addictive. It's raining, a lot. Happy for trees and bushes.

nath kirjoitti...

a photo blog sounds good! although i like your words. have you thought about Flickr? you can say a lot or a little.

we have just dropped Iris off with my parents for the evening. it's nice (for her and for us) but i always have a small spot of sadness. can't wait til tomorrow so i can kiss her sweet head!

rybka zieeewa kirjoitti...

Hi H,
Don't stop. Please.

Celia kirjoitti...

En tiedä mitä sanoa.
Tuntuu tosi itsekkäältä toivoa, että jatkaisit.
Silti toivon niin kovasti, että löytyisi jokin toinen tapa sinun jatkaa.
Blogisi on niin kaunis.

Tunnistan tuon addiktiojutun, olen itse ajatellut, että tällainen riippuvuus ei ole pahimmasta päästä.

Voi älä kokonaan lopeta tätä.

fairiemoon kirjoitti...

Oh, don't quit! I just found you! You could do mostly photos like Fine Little Day. I love those. I love this photograph by the way. Enjoy the quiet time!

Erin :)
http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/

mieke willems kirjoitti...

hi hanna, we also think you better shouldn't stop! just try to find another way. your photographs are always beautiful, also without the writing...

hannna kirjoitti...

OMG you sweet people! Collect 100 names and we'll see... Thank you. Thank you! I just honestly have to see what I will feel like doing, but since I have these addictions and I'm stuck here in the countryside, this space and all of you have become important to me. So I can't just disappear, I have to think of something else. And I'm not so great at following my own rules. Thank you for your support. (I am thinking of flickr.)

Celia, kiva kun jaksat lukea englantia, mä en taida jaksaa kahdella kielellä. Englanniksi kirjoittamiseen on syynsä, vaikka aika kömpelöä se välillä onkin. On muitakin asioita, jotka ei nyt huvita kuin blogi. Sellaista voimattomuutta, keskellä kesää... Kiitos kovasti ja tervetuloa takaisin kotiin.

anette kirjoitti...

so here is another vote for not quitting which on the other hand i would truly understand...
and yes, the true addiction is uploading pictures!
i wanted to try images without words too, but i found out that i could'nt do it at the site i started, it feels like i can't change my way of blogging, like in life or in dreams, i always end with the same possibilities and boundaries and i still can't stop thinking about the "too personal" part of it but anyway, something must be appealing, otherwise we wouldn't be here and rethinking or changing it from time to time is never bad!
but i really like to read your words too...i really do!

Anna McClurg kirjoitti...

i also want to say i adore your blog! it's my favorite, hands down. i love its simplicity and the beautiful photos you take. whatever you decide to do, i hope you don't vanish completely. it would be a great loss!

Anna

p.s. i love your music selections too! :)

Réka kirjoitti...

moi,
Your blog will be missed!!
at the same time your reason is really understandable! t. Reka

Kaela kirjoitti...

well
I am torn because I very, very much love checking your blog every day--like Jenny, when I only check one blog in a day, it's yours. I would be very sad if it went away.

BUT! I also understand your frustration and the privacy factor, things like that. And if doing the blog makes you unhappy, then I of course understand if you stop! It would be selfish of me to wish otherwise...

(But...I do wish otherwise...Please don't stop posting!)

P.K kirjoitti...

i enjoy your blog, and the beautiful photos, it is good to have a rethink once in a while to stay fresh, or explore different themes. i hope you continue.

hannna kirjoitti...

Anette, Anna, Reka, Kaela, PK:
Thank you! This is funny, nice.
Maybe this is just a summer holiday!

I'll let you know when there's something to know.

I had a good day today!