25.8.2009

a ghost



This was before the stairs.

I still don't know where all the bags, aprons, oven-gloves(?) disappeared. The phone catalogues I found. I like phone catalogues. An artist I like: Janna Syvänoja. But I didn't find any good link to her. The first thing by her I ever saw was jewelry made of phone catalogues. She uses birch bark a lot. Birches are great. I love my daughter. I screamed to her this morning. "A baby is born and the parents fall in love with the baby." That's how it is. It's weird to imagine having so much love for another. 5 more weeks.

7 kommenttia:

Celia kirjoitti...

Ihana aave!

Syvänoja on ihan uus tuttavuus mulle, pienen googlauksen jälkeen löysin jotain, vaikuttaa mielenkiintoiselta. Puhelinluettelot, oon käyttänyt niitä pään alla tehdessäni rentoutusharjoituksia, sitten jos tarvii korkeutta, grafiikassa niillä on tosi hyvä puhdistaa metallilaattoja.

Minä jaksan yhä ihmetellä, kuinka paljon lasta voikaan rakastaa. Pakahduttaa.

scaredy-cat kirjoitti...

Olen nähnyt niitä puhelinluettelokoruja joskus jossain (Joensuussa?), ja ne olivat ihan uskomattomia. Hienoja.

Kaela kirjoitti...

I love that basket hanging on the wall behind her! It looks so solid and well-made.

And yes, phone catalogs are so much fun...the best is the one in Iceland. It has everyone in the whole country in it, and every business too. All in one volume. There's something so comforting about that.

hannna kirjoitti...

K, it's a japanese basket, it's great. For harvesting something. I've been reading the icelandic one too, it is incredible. And easy to spot different nationalities in there.

Puhelinluettelot on jotenkin kivoja, vaikka nykyään niitä on aina liikaa. Siis kun on kaksi valmistajaa. J.S.:n muut työt ovat musta hienompia kuin luettelojutut ja hän on aika viehättävä nainen sitä paitsi. Olen joskus nähnyt dokumentin hänestä, työhuone unelmakadunpätkällä eirassa...

karin kirjoitti...

such a pretty ghost!

fliss kirjoitti...

Not long now for you too! It is a wonderful thing when another enters the family and the love is so easy to share between all. Enjoy every minute :)
These are gorgeous shots of a sweet ghost!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

This pictures reminds me of a welknowned Belgian artist. Look up here, you will be surprised :)

http://www.muhka.be/toont_beeldende_kunst_detail.php?la=en&id=117