28.8.2009

last swimming of the year


I think it was. The weather has turned very autumn-like, a bit too quickly. A bit too grey too. Our friends from Weimar are having more holidays in eastern Finland, but last week they were still here. It's a good thing the kids aren't too concerned about language, even at almost 6, 4 and 3. It was so nice to listen to the girls play together, talking about the same things in their own languages.

V started dance-classes. I think she's going to get a new friend there. They live at a bicycling distance and also have a baby born this summer. Yey!

I'm sewing, listening to Devendra, maybe working a bit later. V is having Sunflower's party upstairs with my aunt and my mum is cleaning. I'm loving the quiet of yesterday and today.

11 kommenttia:

Fine Little Day kirjoitti...

Looks wonderful. I think Tovalisa had her last swim for the year yesterday when she was on a class trip.

ardize kirjoitti...

we swam the last time too. now it's sunny but cool and apple pies are baking ;-) gigi

mieke willems kirjoitti...

very beautiful photograph. here it's also autumn-like today, very windy. but on monday summer again... we'll see.
listening to devendra is one of our favorite things to do. always good!

Daniella kirjoitti...

I discovered your blog a few time ago and I like it a lot. It's so beautifull !

anette kirjoitti...

i liked the ghost a lot, it reminded me of a long series of pictures of Chloe Sevigny, taken by M. Borthwick i think, she was covered in layers of clothes and they played with it. it was published in "purple", some years ago when it was smaller and much more creative then it is today.
and it looked so "finnish" to me too because it reminded me of the mood of a book with drawings my father brought us when we were children after he came back from a trip from your country, the fabrics, the wood, ah what am i talking about, again beautiful pictures and i liked the idea of disappearing phonebooks.
3 sweet little ducks too, sounds all very good, enjoy the quiet days before the little one arrives,
take care A.

hannna kirjoitti...

Oh I know those photos, I think I even have that Purple! I like him and I like her too, at least in those days. Wonder what that book was.

This is my favorite photo of the summer, maybe. I took so many that evening, and every one of them is totally magical.

Celia kirjoitti...

Kaunis kuva.
Ois nin ihana vaan jatkaa uimista, kunnes jää tulee vastaan. Äitini ui yleensä joessa marraskuuhun.

at swim-two-birds kirjoitti...

beautiful photo :-), love your stories.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Ihana kuva minustakin.
Mä en vaan voi enää ajatella uimista, vaikka ranta onkin tuossa ihan vieressä.
Kysyin tytöltä itse asiassa eilen haluaisiko uimaan kun on niin lämmitäkin. Oli ihan hölmistynyt että nythän on jo syksy.
Ei menty.

outi kirjoitti...

kaunis kuva, sanon minäkin.
ja syksy, niiiiih. en millään malttaisi luopua kesästä, valosta ja väreistä. elän sopeutumisvaihetta. yritän. mutta vuosi vuodelta talven tulo tekee entistä haikeammaksi.

Erin kirjoitti...

what a sweet photo!