21.11.2009

"they have tender hands"


We have entered the barbie era.
A barbie was V's shy christmas wish ("I don't want anything plastic, but... I'd like a barbie"), but 2 of them moved in about a week ago. Flea-market beauties. I didn't think they would be for christmas, and she was quick to spot them hiding under other things we found at a big flea-market we went to recently. I'm not against barbies, I'm actually a bit excited. And their existence makes the advent calendar preparations a lot easier. They need everything, hats, skirts etc. But they have beautiful chairs, my old ones.

13 kommenttia:

mieke willems kirjoitti...

it's a nice one. pocahontas-type. beautiful dress also!

hannna kirjoitti...

yeah she's pretty! the dress is from another flea-market, beautiful old fragile fabric.

Bohemian girl kirjoitti...

Life is different there. I can't be against Barbies because I couldn't have one when I was a kid. Western goods, not allowed in my country. If I have a daughter, she will get one. (but only one :>)
I also spotted the dress.

marie kirjoitti...

well she does seem well looked after! nice dress and chair :)

Sanae Chita kirjoitti...

I really like the explassion "Barbie era". A one of my favorite doll is called Francie which is Baribie's faily.A friendly looking with groovy 60's swinging London outfits.Pleae check it out...

Celia kirjoitti...

Tykkään tuosta otsikosta ihan älyttömästi.

Minusta lapsena barbeilla leikkimisessä oli parasta kotien rakentaminen. Ei siis mitään valmiita muovikoteja. Meillä oli isot lattialle rakennetut talot ja pihat tietysti.
Ja yksi jaettu Ken.

scaredy-cat kirjoitti...

En voi vastustaa barbieita kamalasti, koska minun ja ystäväni parhaat sisäleikit leikittiin niillä. Keksimme aina mielettömät tarinat ja rakensimme huoneet hyllyille... Muistan, että teimme sängyt kirjoista.
(Minulle olisi kyllä kelvannut barbien vaaleanpunainen asuntovaunu jossa oli jotain 60 muoviosaa, kanankoipia ja muita, mutta jotenkin kai tajusin, ettei äiti osta sellaista vaikka pyytäisin. No, meidän barbien ruokana oli erivärisiä nappeja.)

hannna kirjoitti...

Magda, barbies are quite different from how they were when I was a kid, but it feels quite nostalgic to play with them. Our barbies are free from any accessories. But you should get two so that they can be friends.

C, "hellät kädet". Se on ihan totta, ne ovat kuin valmiit paijaamaan. Mä myös tykkäsin eniten talojen rakentamisesta, tein aina tuolille, niin oli yläkerta ja alakerta.

SC, nykyään on niin kamalia nukkeja, että barbi on tosi luonnollisen näköinen. Näistä tulee kyllä tosi nostalginen ja innostunut olo.

anette kirjoitti...

at first i thought you posted a very sophisticated ladysinger on stage!
you captured her very, very beautifully. a barbie was one of my biggest unfulfilled childhoodwishes, my mother was supersuperstrict, maybe that's why i am not- not really.
we got the first one with a package from a dear friend of mine, straight from LA, long before she was old enough to want one. now the doll lives with some fleamarketfriends peacefully in a pink box. they don't show up very often.
great post!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I like your photos of her seated in her beautiful chair. And that dress!

Barbie dolls are peculiar, aren't they? And, yes, you are right, they have very delicate hands and wrists.

ardize kirjoitti...

you made me quite nostalgic too - my girl is 10 and hasn't played with her dolls for a while...

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Your blog is wonderful and I have just found it! I leave a small footprint from Sweden!

Peace & Love

Agneta

outi kirjoitti...

mä oon kans tätä osastoa joka keskittyi barbien talojen rakentamiseen. tehtiin niille vinyylilevysoitinkin ja oli mahtavaa räpistellä, askarrella niitä pienen pieniä levyjä ja koteloita.
mulla ei edes ollut kuin yksi barbi, mutta onneks se sai muuttaa kaverien barbikommuuniin.