31.3.2011

♡mail






























V received another package from C! I'm so happy my child can experience the happiness of mail, and of having friends overseas at an early age. "Look how pretty!" "This is funny!" "I like this!" "Try how smooth this is!" "It's a hammock for a doll!" And I must be somehow special: J sent me this beautiful fabric, it is from Nani iro. I've looked at their website a long time ago. Now I can hold this in my hands. It would be great for a fabric to be used for something, a little bit anyway... I'm thinking. I'd like to make something for V inspired by Wafflish Waffle (originally found via Milk, reminded by Bird & Banner), maybe a pocket of this fabric.


Then I left the house teary-eyed to help (work!) my friend to plant. Onion seeds. First we made a mixture of dirt and compost, then made dirt cakes, then planted the seeds. And talked a lot. And her little baby was there too, she's 7 weeks old. 


I got some big plans in my head. And small ones.
+
Postia V:lle! Ihanalta kirje/pakettiystävältä. Minä sain siinä siivellä maailman kauneinta kangasta. Tuntui kuin joku olisi potkaissut ilmat pihalle, olin niin hämmästynyt, sanaton. Haluan käyttää sitä vähän johonkin, se olisi parasta rakkautta kankaalle. Olen piirtänytkin yhden jutun muistikirjaan. Sitten olin istutushommissa, töissä siis. Mulla on uusi maaseututyö. Silloin tällöin. Hyvässä seurassa.

9 kommenttia:

Inger Marie kirjoitti...

What a nice package! And very beautiful fabric.

Maria kirjoitti...

Lapsesi on onnen tyttö.On hurmaavaa saada oma paketti kaukaa ja täynnä hyvän mielen ja yllätyksen muistiaisia.
Olen iloinen kun sinulla kiva uusi työ olet kevät puuhakas:D
Jäin miettimään mitä sinne muistikirjaan laitat talteen...itse olen alkanut kirjoitella omaani näkemiäni hauskoja tapahtumia tai salakuunneltuja juttuja ratikoissa tai busseissa...
Kaunista huhtikuuta♥

Olivia kirjoitti...

How delightful! Parcels are magic.
I bought some Nani iro fabric in Kyoto last year but I can't bear the thought of taking scissors to it! I also have some beautiful Liberty prints, same problem! I will make some decisions as soon as I finish writing up my PhD next month...
With best wishes, Olivia

hannna kirjoitti...

Inger Marie, yes we're happy!

Maria, ihan pikkuinen työ vain. Mutta kiva. Myöhemmin saan kastella kasvihuoneessa yms. Edellinen muistikirja katosi kesken kaiken, tässä uudessa on V: piirustuksia, lista joulukalenterin taskujen sisällöstä, joululahjalistoja, jotain reseptejä, muita listoja, kynäkokeiluja, pikku-V:n piirustuksia, suunnitelmia, tehtävien asioiden listoja, käytävien paikkojen listoja (stadi), muistettavia, käännösmuistiinpanoja, "kulta äiti tule sitten sanomaan minulle hyvää yötä", ruskovillatilaus+laskelmia, piirros yhdestä paidasta. Listoja siis pääasiassa... (selasin tässä samalla, tuli vähän pitkä vastaus, eikä kovin kiintoisa) Kaunista huhtikuuta!

Hi Olivia! I will try to use some of it, it will be hard! But that way I'd be able to see it more often, instead of having it piled in a closet. I think I would go crazy if I went to their shop (is there a shop?) Oh Kyoto. PhD ganbatte ne!

Olivia kirjoitti...

Oh I hope you let us know what you make from the Nani iro!

I can't wait now to get back to my treasured fabrics. The shop wasn't exclusively Nani iro but they stocked most of their prints, I returned many times there was so much to paw over! Back to my PhD...
Best, Olivia

hannna kirjoitti...

Hi Olivia, I think I won't dare to use all of it. Just a small detail. I'll show!

mieke willems kirjoitti...

this post is so nice. beautiful photos! and nice new layout you have!

Unknown kirjoitti...

hi this is yoshitomo nara who made the T-shirts, if you want to have some bigger T, let me know. I heared from Chiako (ex.graf) that you sent the letter to Japan for cheer up. Thanx.

hannna kirjoitti...

奈良さん!!書いてくれてありがとう。本当に?このTシャツはとても気に入り。2歳の時から着てるのよ!彼女はもうすぐ6歳です。チアコにリスの絵を描きました。シャツ送ってくれたら嬉しい!ファンですよ、私。