7.1.2010

sick baby



Little V is in the sling all the time. I'm happy he likes it, but it would be nice if he had at least one nap somewhere else. But now he's a bit sick too. Big V was almost never sick and this is already the second time for him. I'm bad at having a sick child.

The cold snowy winter continues -- this is how winters should be like. But it feels strange, proper winters have been gone for such a long time. The cold is a bit heavy too, water pipes freezing and cold floors. V just went out, I'm happy she's a bit independent once in a while. (She refused to wear the beautiful beret.)

The last christmas present to arrive ( I ordered too late) was the wonderful finger puppet set from Mieke Willems shop. They are even greater than I expected. I love the shiny lacquer. Three of them are in love with each other. That's what I heard.

11 kommenttia:

ardize kirjoitti...

wishing you a happy, healthy new year, hanna! it's cold and snowy here too. i remember when i was a kid and the pipes froze every winter - we lived out in the country and had to walk to the creek with the pails for water every day for weeks - good memories, eh? ;-) so what else have you heard? i'm sure the animals and the kids are whispering behind my back - hmm... gigi

anette kirjoitti...

Hope little V gets better very soon!
the beautiful beret rejected, i could tell a thousand stories like this and maybe she just needs time to really like it, sometimes it takes me a long time to start wearing a garment i bought myself.

at swim-two-birds kirjoitti...

and she looks so nice in that beret! hope your little boy will be better soon.

We Blog Artists kirjoitti...

poor little V.
I found our youngest got so much sicker the first year she was around...her sister would just pass everything down to her...but now the little one is hardier than the eldest.
LOVE the puppets.
Char

yu yasutake kirjoitti...

oh nice new look! happy new year. the finger puppet cheers me up

marie kirjoitti...

hope he's feeling better soon! and hope V changes her mind about the beret, its so nice :) have fun playing with the puppets!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hoping all is now well... your pair of photos with finger puppet are adorable to say the very least.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

P.S. For some reason all my comments come up listed under a string of letters and numbers... I apologise for any confusion. cheers, gracia (high up in the trees)

hannna kirjoitti...

Thanks for your good wishes! Little one is still sick, crying more than ever before. But V, she had the beret on today. It's funny how she is, it's so clear she's making me a favor. But I think it will fit her a very long time. The yarn is special, from a local lady at a summer fair who uses natural dyes.

Ungt blod kirjoitti...

uhh i know the sling-dilemma! Elinor loves it and it always calms her down, but she is getting soo heavy now! hope your boy will feel better soon!

mieke willems kirjoitti...

that's sweet that she was wearing it in the end, it's so nice!
love to see the fingerpuppets there, and nice to hear they are in love. that's good!