

When I was in high school (to be exact: lukio, lycée, gymnasium), my french teacher told us that we should start using Oil of Ulay right now, it is the only anti-wrinkle cream that works. But you have to start young. I didn't. And now 18 years later I'd like to buy some kind of cream for aging skin. O of U was in light pink and black package and it was sold in supermarkets. Maybe it still is. That french teacher was a lot of fun and she had wonderful dresses.
This little cabinet would probably be glad to house Oil of Ulay or other cosmetics inside it, but it became a cabinet for glasses recently. It's not the greatest solution for our storage problems, but since there's no room in the bathroom for it, I'm happy to use it for something, for a while.
Little V started having one long nap and I have a deadline this week.
listening to: Yeah Yeah Yeahs (This was my pregnancy soundtrack. Will I hear when he wakes up in the veranda?)
9 kommenttia:
my grandmother used oil of ulay and i'm sure the smell would transport me to her instantly.
have you tried the wild rose beauty balm from Neals Yard? it is expensive but it smells wonderful and is really nice to use, and lasts a long time. sometimes i buy it on ebay so it is a little cheaper.
lovely cabinet.
i have been working all this morning in silence. you have just reminded me that i could've listened to music! oh well!
X
what a pretty cabinet! it looks so nice with the pinocchio in the mirror. still one of our favorite kitchen items, found through you!
maybe we should also start oil of ulay
Nath, thanks for the word cabinet! i will change it like that.
I don't know that balm, sounds nice! my baby woke up immediately after i wrote this.
MW, you're already late! i was 16 or 17 when the teacher said that...
lovley story, lovley cabinet.
oops, so it's too late for me too... guess we'll have to get used to wrinkles ;-) gigi
no regrets of not following the advice? Wrinkles can be beautiful too! Love your kitchen cabinet and the original use you found for it!
Such a pretty cabinet with those birds atop. I am also wishing I started earlier with creams and potions. Oh well.
lj
No, no regrets, I think I'm wanting to buy some magic cosmetics that would make me feel and look less tired. The baby is sleeping quite well, but I'm sooo tired all the time. I like wrinkles in right places!
My mum told me I should use Oil of Ulay everyday from the age of 13 yrs. I do sometimes use it.... it is light and has a scent that is etched in my memory.
Can you buy it there?
I'll post you some if you send me your address...
Anneliese
(with a few wrinkles!)
Lähetä kommentti