19.11.2008

hats and scarves





...is what i'm doing everyday. there are 6 dolls in V's dollhouse and they need some winter gear... very rewarding to make them hats and scarves, one at breakfast, another at the café. we had an impromptu knitting/crocheting club meeting with I yesterday. oh how i like her! it was maybe our 5th meeting and she just feels so familiar. i just don't know any of the people she's talking about. today she's having a crafting meeting at her place. crafting for the benefit of the village mill. there's a christmas fair in 2 weeks.

yesterday a beautiful film arrived and the whole family watched it together:
"Le ballon rouge" by Albert Lamorisse (from 1956)

what beauty and sweetness. 50's Paris. the clothes, the streets, the stores. i can't wait to watch the other film by him.

(this is, by the way, 200th post - sounds a bit nerdy!)

10 kommenttia:

violet kirjoitti...

mainitsemasi filmi on helmi. Ei kun pallo.
Kaunis.Sopii koko perheelle oikein hyvin.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

This film is an absolute jewel.
And I like how you make those tiny hats for winter. So nice.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

First comment here as I am a very discreet reader, normaly, but "Le ballon rouge" is a favorite of ours even if my little girl doesn't like the ending. We haven't seen Crin Blanc but I heard it's wonderful too. I hope you'll enjoy it as much.
Loulou's mum

Vogelschar kirjoitti...

very nice dolls!

Réka kirjoitti...

Moi Hanna, This is Reka from 'my cabinet of curiosities'. My finnish is not that good unfortunately though I understand and can read...I found your blog through another blog (can't remember now which) and it made me so happy immediately! I find it so beautiful! I'm originally from Hungary but studied (Taik) here and now I'm living here with my family - finnish husband and a little boy T.

marie kirjoitti...

i love that film too..
wow 200!! congratulations!!
i love meeting with people that make me feel that way.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I agree it's a lovely film :)

I love the little dollshouse dolls, they're so sweet!

mieke willems kirjoitti...

nice scarfs and hats hanna!!
and that movie we have to put on our list!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

like "loulou's mum" I'm usually a lurker, too shy to comment, but regular reader of your blog (I can't help saying I love your little world !)--
and by the way : happy 200 !
i find thatle ballon rouge is somehow very poetic.
10 years later there was one of my favorite movies with the famous French actor Bourvil, it's called " l'arbre de noël" (the christmas tree) story of a dad who decides to go country with his young son suffering from blood cancer, where they will all be taught a lifelesson.
sample here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_cF1JooSiE
you might enjoy it if you can find it in another language than french !

hannna kirjoitti...

thank you for your messages, they make me very happy! and it's nice to hear that there are regular readers, even if they're shy... i'm not a very active commentator myself, but it is so nice to hear from other people in this world.

i will check put the youtube-link, merci SierraMoon.
i speak french, but my french is terribly neglected. (in Finland we have subtitles, no dubbing)